Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I have a lot of catching up to do! & a recipe to share!

So, lately I've been learning my lesson with "cheating". And I mean cheat meals and foods, of course. I've slowly but surely come to the realization that my problem isn't clean eating, it's SNACKING. gahhhhh. I snack too much, plain and simple. I've also come to the realization that if man made it, then I shouldn't be eating it. Even if it's those delicious kids Z bars that I love so much :-D. Another problem that I am trying to attack is portion size. I know that this plays a HUGE part in eating clean, so for example today for breakfast instead of making 3 protein pancakes, I only made 1, and I was actually satisfied. Another tip I am trying to follow for my own sake is eating slower. Ever notice that the skinny minnie's all eat super slow? So does anyone else have any tips for eating clean or cutting out extra calories?

&  Since I haven't really had the chance to post some of my meals, here they are!

  Brussel sprouts, baked with extra virgin olive oil, green beans, and ground turkey
Morning Star chicken patty with spinach and avocado with strawberries and low fat string cheese

 Side view of the goodies

 
 This one tasted a LOT better than it looks! haha. It's Tyson low fat buffalo chicken topped with spinach and avocado (of course ). mmmmm And cucumber slices served on the side! Yummy
 This looks a lot better closed, but it really tasted delicious!
                                                                                 A Simple yet satisfying breakfast

Here's scrambeld egg whites and 1 large whole egg
with spinach and whole wheat bagel thin on the side
and served with blueberries!

This was SOO good ! You should try it!
My mom actually made this one today for lunch and she found it in Women's Health

Up close with all the goods


I had 2 small bowls and a side of strawberries

The recipe included:
8oz penne whole wheat pasta (boil)

melt 2 tsp smart balance butter
add 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes
add 1 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp. dried italian dressing
1/2 tsp sald
1/4 tsp. pepper
cook until the mixture is saucy, about 5-6 minutes

Then add 1 can drained beans and the penne and cook through
Then remove from heat and add 4 cups chopped fresh greens (we used spinach!)
If desired, sprinkle with a little grated cheese

very simple and oh-so delicious ;-)


Besides food, I've been complaining a lot about the snow. I just can't deal with it anymore! I was shoveling outside today for an hour and let me just say, what a workout it was. It wasn't just light fluffy snow, it was heavy, slushy, wet snow. Plus,  the news said  that everything around Boston is going to freeze tonight around 6pm yikess. But sometimes, snow can be fun, especially playing in it! I guess I just have a love/hate relationship with the snow. But the following video is pretty cute,  it's my dadusin his snow blower and my 7 yr old nephew and 4 yr old niece attempting to dodge the snow!




looks like we got way too much snow huh? Well, this was the last snow stormabout a week ago! and the just keeps coming! Now I'm off to watch the Ghost Whisperer and relax on this cold day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment